More and more companies need to test and demonstrate existing and new offshore wind technology, tools and services in order to maintain or expand their position as market leaders.
I would like to inform you on the following: the municipality of Rotterdam, Port of Rotterdam Authority, InnovationQuarter and TKI Wind op Zee have developed the Offshore Innovation map with an overview of the Maasvlakte 2 in Rotterdam offshore testing and demo facilities.
The map displays everything the Maasvlakte 2 has to offer. The conditions, the climate and the existing companies and services make Maasvlakte 2 the ideal location for testing offshore wind innovations. There is a wide range of options on land, in the air and in/on the water. Maasvlakte 2 is exposed to a lot of wind because of its location. In addition, this part of the port of Rotterdam consists of North Sea sand and has a unique offshore borehole that is more than 25 meters deep.
Furthermore, I would like to inform you on:
- MIT funding for innovative SME entrepreneurs open for application
- Webinar System integration at the North Sea
- Pioneering SME; Zbridge
- MVI-E Skills Lab Training 5 and 6
- Physics with Industry workshop 2018
MIT funding for innovative SME entrepreneurs open for application
On April 17, RVO has opened the innovation incentive funding instrument for SME entrepreneurs, MIT. This scheme has various components. Do you want to innovate within the offshore wind industry or collaborate with other parties in R&D? Then the MIT scheme may help you to move forward. Learn more about this financial incentive scheme.
Find out more (in Dutch)
Webinar System integration at the North Sea
15 May 2018, 11.00 - 12.00 hours
This webinar focuses on; How does RVO assess projects and which research subjects are eligible for the system integration scheme at the North Sea. This system integration regulation opens on 2 July 2018. You can participate in a webinar on 15 May 2018 and receive tips for your proposal. There will be the possibility to ask your questions live to the advisors involved; Jeroen van Hengstum, RVO.nl and Bob Meijer, TKI Wind op Zee.
Find out more (in Dutch)
Zbridge makes people walk back and forth safely at height
The transfer from vessel to wind turbine is always a dynamic event. Zbridge has developed a revolutionary construction amongst all Walk to Work systems (W2W); a twenty-meter-high mast that continuously remains stationary, with an extendable walkway that presses against the wind turbine. This allows continuous access without undocking. The personnel can safely walk up and down with waves up to 4 meters high and wind force 7. In many cases, this results in a workability of close to 100 percent.
Read the complete interview with Bastiaan Spruit from Zbridge here.
MVI-E Skills Lab Training 5 & 6
29 May and 19 June 2018
Do you want to design your project in relation to the energy transition together with your stakeholders? Please come to the Skills Lab training on Design thinking and Participatory action research. Register now!
Interested in an impression of the previous courses? Follow this link.
Physics with Industry workshop 2018
From 26 to 30 November 2018. NWO and the Lorentz Center are holding the eighth edition of the Physics with Industry (PwI) workshop. Fifty PhD students and postgraduate researchers spend a week working intensively on five challenging physics cases, put forward by the business community and social organisations.
For your information
- News: ROC and AOC join forces in energy transition. Find out more (in Dutch)
- Masterclass Finance: 17 May 2018, Delft, The Netherlands. For SME’s looking to finance their innovations - Buccaneer Delft! Find out more
- 3rd Structural Integrity Seminar: 24th May 2018, 13-17h - MSC Zwijnaarde, Belgium. Find out more
- BlueWeek Rotterdam: 28 - 30 May 2018, Rotterdam, The Netherlands. Find out more
- On Monday 28 May, the TKI Wind op Zee organises a session on Operations & Maintenance.
- On Tuesday 29 May, the TKI Wind op Zee organizes together with The North Sea Energy Lab and Marin.
- WindDays 2018: 13 and 14 June 2018, Rotterdam, The Netherlands. Find out more
- Investors Day: 21 June 2018. Matchmaking SME’s and investors. Find out more
- WindEurope 2018 Conference at the Global Wind Summit: 25 - 28 September 2018, Hamburg, Germany. Find out more
- International Match Making. Find out more
Please take a look at more wind energy events here.
Do you want to receive the TKI Wind op Zee Newsletter? Please subscribe via the button below.