Also in 2021 - from January 25th - the Topsector Energy, made funds available to SME entrepreneurs, that contribute to the transition to an affordable, reliable and sustainable energy system, to assist them in hiring an Innovation Broker. The fee of the Innovation Broker can be reimbursed for 80%, to a maximum of 10,000 euros.
The budget under the Innovation Brokers Scheme has been exhausted with regard to applications in the domain of TKI Wind op Zee (Mission A1). We do expect a budget for a second round this year in June or July.
(Starting) SME entrepreneurs are often leaders in innovation. However, they regularly face many challenges, especially if they are less familiar with the market, have no active entrepreneurial experience or because they have limited financial resources. As an SME entrepreneur, an 'innovation broker' can offer you:
- guidance and coaching in developing a business plan, business strategy and value proposition,
- patent advise, assistance with patent applications or knowledge exploitation,
- guidance in becoming 'investor ready', looking for financing and deal closing,
- support to find and set up consortia and project formation with other companies and/or knowledge institutions.
Are you a start-up or an SME entrepreneur, and do you need support from an innovation broker? Please ask Topsector Energie for a financial contribution for this support. You are eligible for a financial contribution if:
- you are a start-up or SME entrepreneur.
- your product or service is innovative and contributes to a rapid transition to a sustainable, reliable and affordable energy system.
- you have not previously received a subsidy for hiring innovation brokers in this calendar year or application period.
- the innovation must be an innovation for the market on which the themes (program lines) of the relevant TKIs focus (TKI Urban Energy, TKI Wind op Zee, TKI New Gas, TKI Energy & Industry). The innovation may also be an existing technology that is already applied in another sector but is innovative for the markets of the Top Sector Energy. The application cannot concern an application (for example a project) of an innovation without the applicant having the ambition to bring the technological innovation to the market itself (at its own expense and risk) and to scale it up, which is a fundamental part of the business strategy.
- you meet the conditions in the form “Toelichting aanvraagformulier innovatiemakelaars” (Explanation application form innovation brokers).
If you meet these conditions to make use of this subsidy scheme, which will run from January 25, 2021 to December 1, 2021, the costs of supporting an innovation broker can be financed up to 80%. This compensation can amount up to a maximum of € 10,000 subsidy (including VAT) per company. As an SME you have to finance the remaining 20% yourself.
The total budget for the subsidy scheme is € 200,000 and allocation will take place via the principle "first-come, first-served". In the event of overscription of the scheme (on one an the same day), allocation will take place through drawing lots.
It is excluded from the scheme to hire an innovation broker for the specific purpose of having a subsidy application drawn up (written). Out of pocket costs are also excluded, such as costs for filing patents or travel expenses etc.
Topsector Energie has compiled an overview of potential innovation brokers for you. This list is meant for inspiration. You are not obliged to make use of these innovation brokers, however you can also propose your own innovation broker.
Business coaching, value proposition development, business strategy, business plan
Intellectual Property, patent advice, knowledge protection, knowledge exploitation
Financing, investor readiness, deal closing
Formation of consortium, project development
The administrative application goes through the Topsector Energie. Do you have any questions about the scheme? Please contact Martin Weissmann of the Financing Desk
The involved TKI (TKI Wind op Zee, TKI Urban Energy, TKI Nieuw Gas or TKI Energie & Industrie) provides an initial estimate of whether you are eligible for this scheme. You can download the application form here (in Dutch) and send it to Martin Weissmann. To clarify the form, you will find an explanation of the application form here (in Dutch), which also contains all the detailed preconditions that apply to the application. After completing the work, you must submit a final report. You can request Martin Weissmann for a template for the final report from.