Also this year the Topsector Energy, made funds available to SME entrepreneurs, that contribute to the transition to an affordable, reliable and sustainable energy system, to assist them in hiring an Innovation Broker. The fee of the Innovation Broker can be reimbursed completely, to a maximum of 10,000 euros.
(Starting) SME entrepreneurs are often leaders in innovation. But they regularly face many challenges, especially if they are less familiar with the market, have no active entrepreneurial experience or because they have limited financial resources. As an SME entrepreneur, an 'innovation broker' can offer you:
- guidance and coaching in developing a business plan, business strategy and value proposition,
- patent advise, assistance with patent applications or knowledge exploitation,
- guidance in becoming 'investor ready', looking for financing and deal closing,
- help to find and set up consortia and project formation with other companies and/or knowledge institutions.
Are you a start-up or an SME entrepreneur, and do you need support from an innovation broker? Then you can ask TKI Wind op Zee for a financial contribution for this support. You are eligible for a financial contribution if:
- you are a start-up or SME entrepreneur.
- your product or service is innovative and contributes to a rapid transition to a sustainable, reliable and affordable energy system.
- you have not previously received a subsidy from the SME innovation promotion Region and Top Sectors, such as the MIT knowledge vouchers, MIT-R&D cooperation projects, MIT cooperation projects, MIT Feasibility studies and MIT network activities in this calendar year.
- the innovation must be an innovation for the market on which the themes of the relevant TKI focus. It may well be an existing technology that is already used in another market. In addition to new technology, the innovation can also be a new business model that you want to introduce in this market. The innovation may not have already been marketed by you as a market-ready product and/or service. No financial compensation is given for activities already performed.
- you meet the conditions in the form “Toelichting aanvraagformulier innovatiemakelaars” (Explanation application form innovation brokers).
If you meet the conditions to make use of this scheme, that runs from 1 June 2020 to 15 May 2021, the costs of supporting an innovation broker can be financed up to 100%. This compensation can amount up to a maximum of € 10,000 subsidy (including VAT) per company. Applications can be submitted no later than 1 May 2021 and must be completed before 15 May 2021. Note: It is possible to apply for a subsidy from 1 May 2020. However, after approval of the subsidy application, the broker can only start work from 1 June 2020.
The total budget for the subsidy scheme is € 100,000 and allocation will take place via the principle "first-come, first-served". In case of settlement of the scheme (on the same day), the allocation will take place by drawing lots. The innovation broker must invoice directly to the Topsector Energie and can be submitted after receiving a report by the SME company of the work performed.
It is excluded from the scheme to Hire an innovation broker for the specific purpose of having a subsidy application drawn up (written). Out of pocket costs are also excluded, such as costs for filing patents.
- Companies active in offshore wind but aiming to expand their activities with regards to new technological or business innovation.
- Niche companies/specialists active in offshore wind and that are looking for partnerships/consortia (e.g. suppliers).
- Companies that are operating in other sectors and wanting to expand their services to offshore wind.
You can contact TKI Wind op Zee for an application in the field of energy innovations in offshore wind. If you focus on the development of energy innovations outside the field of offshore wind energy, please contact TKI Urban Energy, TKI Energie & Industrie or TKI Nieuw Gas.
TKI Wind op Zee has compiled an overview of potential innovation brokers for you. This list is meant for inspiration. You are not obliged to make use of these innovation brokers, but you may also propose your own broker.
Business coaching, value proposition development, business strategy, business plan
Intellectual Property, patent advice, knowledge protection, knowledge exploitation
Financing, investor readiness, deal closing
Formation of consortium, project development
The administrative application goes through the Topsector Energie. Do you have any questions about the scheme? Please contact Martin Weissmann of the TKI Wind op Zee.
TKI Wind op Zee provides an initial estimate of whether you are eligible for this scheme. You can download the application form here (in Dutch) and send it to Martin Weissmann. To clarify the form, you will find an explanation of the application form here (in Dutch), which also contains all the detailed preconditions that apply to the application.