Also this year the Topsector Energy, made funds available to SME entrepreneurs - active in the offshore wind sector - to assist in hiring an Innovation Broker. 50% of the Innovation Broker fees can be reimbursed, to a maximum of 10,000 euros.
An ‘Innovation Broker’ can assist SME entrepreneurs with:
- developing a business plan, business strategy, value proposition or entrepreneur coaching,
- patent advice, patent application or knowledge exploitation,
- becoming investor ready, looking for financing and deal closing,
Note: Excluded from this subside scheme is the hiring of an innovation broker for the specific purpose of having a grant application drawn up (written). Out of pocket costs are also excluded, such as patent fees for submissions.
Are you, as a start-up or SME entrepreneur, looking for support from an Innovation Broker? Then you can apply at the TKI Wind op Zee to receive a financial fee for this support. If you meet the conditions, up to 50% of the costs of ‘Innovation Broker’ support can be reimbursed. The other 50% is to be paid by the entrepreneur themselves. The maximum subsidy is €10,000 per company.
Start-up and SME entrepreneurs are often innovation leaders. But they often face many challenges, particularly when unfamiliar with the offshore wind sector or as a result of limited financial resources. The TKI Wind op Zee is willing to support these leaders.
- Companies active in offshore wind but aiming to expand their activities with regards to new technological or business innovation.
- Niche companies/specialists active in offshore wind and that are looking for partnerships/consortia (e.g. suppliers).
- For example, companies operating in the Oil & Gas, Maritime or Onshore Wind Sector wanting to expand their services to offshore wind.
You qualify for financial support if:
- you are a start-up or SME entrepreneur.
- you are willing to finance 50% of the Innovation Broker costs yourself.
- your product or service is innovative and contributes to a rapid transition to a sustainable, reliable and affordable energy system in the offshore wind sector and infrastructure.
- you have not previously received a subsidy in this calendar year from the SME innovation stimulation ‘Regio en Topsectoren’, such as the MIT knowledge vouchers, MIT R&D cooperation projects, MIT cooperation projects, MIT Feasibility studies and MIT network activities.
The TKI Wind op Zee has compiled an overview of potential innovation brokers for you. This list is meant for inspiration. You are not obliged to make use of these innovation brokers, but you can also submit your own broker.
Business coaching, value proposition development, business strategy, business plan
Intellectual Property, patent advice, knowledge protection, knowledge exploitation
Financing, investor readiness, deal closing
Formation of consortium, project development
Application for financial contribution is possible until 1 August 2020. The activities must be completed before 21 August 2020. The administrative application is made via the Top Sector Energy. Do you have questions about the scheme? If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Martin Weissmann at the TKI Wind op Zee first.
The TKI Wind op Zee provides an initial assessment of whether you qualify for this scheme. Download the application form (in Dutch) here and send it to @email. To clarify the form, you will find a explanation on the application form here (in Dutch).