Do you need support from an 'innovation broker' as a start-up or as an SME entrepreneur? In that case, you can request a financial contribution from TKI Wind op Zee for this support. If you meet the conditions, 50% of the costs for hiring an 'innovation broker' can be financed. This compensation can amount to a maximum of € 10,000 subsidy per company.
(Starting) SME entrepreneurs are often leaders in innovation. But they regularly face many challenges, especially if they are less familiar with the market, have no active entrepreneurial experience or because they have limited financial resources. As an SME entrepreneur, an 'innovation broker' can offer you the following:
- guidance and coaching in developing a business plan, business strategy and value proposition,
- patent advise and assistance with patent applications or knowledge exploitation,
- guidance in becoming 'investor ready', looking for financing and deal closing,
- help to find and set up consortia and project formation with other companies and/or knowledge institutions.
Are you a start-up or an SME entrepreneur, and do you need support from an innovation broker? Then you can ask TKI Wind op Zee for a financial contribution for this support. You are eligible for a financial contribution if:
- you are a start-up or SME entrepreneur.
- your product or service is innovative and contributes to the transition to a sustainable, reliable and affordable energy system and relates to the themes of TKI Wind op Zee;
- you have not previously received a subsidy from the SME innovation promotion Region and Top Sectors, such as the MIT knowledge vouchers, MIT-R&D cooperation projects, MIT cooperation projects, MIT Feasibility studies and MIT network activities in this calendar year.
- the innovation is an innovation meant for the market on which the themes of the relevant TKI focus. It may well be an existing technology that is already used in another market. In addition to new technology, the innovation can also be a new business model that you want to introduce in this market. The innovation may not have already been marketed by you as a market-ready product and/or service. No financial compensation is given for activities already performed. The subsidy is only meant for those who are developing themselves innovative technology with the aim to scale-up and enter the market.
- you meet the conditions in the form “Toelichting aanvraagformulier innovatiemakelaars” (Explanation application form innovation brokers).
If you meet these conditions, you can make use of this subsidy scheme, the costs of supporting an innovation broker can be financed up to 50%. As an SME you have to finance the remaining 50% yourself. This compensation can amount up to a maximum of € 10,000 subsidy (including VAT) per company. Applications can be submitted no later than 1 December 2020 and must be completed before 15 December 2020. The subsidy scheme will run as long as there is budget available.
The total budget for the subsidy scheme is € 100,000 and allocation will take place via the principle "first-come, first-served". Upon completion of the innovation broker's activities, the SME can invoice the 50% subsidy fee for the broker's activities to the Top Sector Energy. The SME must provide a short report of the activities carried out, as well as the invoice from the innovation brokers and a proof (bank statement) of the payment of the innovation broker by the SME entrepreneur.
Upon completion of the activities of the innovation broker, the innovation broker can invoice the 100% subsidy fee for the broker's activities to the Topsector Energy after submission of a short report by the SME company on the activities carried out by the innovation broker.
It is excluded from the scheme to hire an innovation broker for the specific purpose of having a subsidy application drawn up (written). Out of pocket costs are also excluded, such as costs for filing patents.
- Companies that are already active on themes (program lines) of the TKI Wind op Zee and who want to expand their activities with a new technological or business innovation.
- Niche companies/specialists who are active on themes (program lines) of TKI Wind op Zee and who are looking for partnerships / consortia (e.g.: suppliers).
- Companies that are operating in other sectors and that want to expand their services to the themes (program lines) of TKI Wind op Zee.
You can contact TKI Wind op Zee for an application in the field of themes (program lines) of TKI Wind op Zee. For the development of energy innovations outside the domain of TKI Wind at Sea, but within the Energy Top Sector, you can turn to TKI Urban Energy, TKI Energie & Industrie or TKI Nieuw Gas.
TKI Wind op Zee has compiled an overview of potential innovation brokers for you. This list is for inspiration purposes only. You are not obliged to use these innovation brokers, but you may also propose your own broker.
Business coaching, value proposition development, business strategy, business plan
Intellectual Property, patent advice, knowledge protection, knowledge exploitation
Financing, investor readiness, deal closing
Formation of consortium, project development
The administrative application goes through the Topsector Energie. Do you have any questions about the scheme? Please contact Martin Weissmann of the TKI Wind op Zee.
TKI Wind op Zee provides an initial estimate of whether you are eligible for this scheme. You can download the application form here (in Dutch) and send it to Martin Weissmann. To clarify the form, you will find an explanation of the application form here (in Dutch), which also contains all the detailed preconditions that apply to the application.