As this is the first newsletter of the year the whole TKI Wind op Zee team wishes you all the best for 2018!
And this year will be full of exciting opportunities, the first one is, of course, the Borssele V Tender. The closing date for this tender (18 January 2018 17:00 CET) is now approaching quickly.
The Borssele V Innovation Site offers a unique possibility to demonstrate new offshore wind technology in a dedicated area with lower risks.
- A dedicated site and cable entry zone with a permit for 30 years.
- The possibility to use one or two wind turbine positions.
- Flexibility to replace the installed technology (see regulations: Beleidsregel wijziging productie-installatie windenergie op zee) - this may, under conditions, allow the consecutive demonstration of innovations during the permit period.
- A dedicated grid connection to the TenneT offshore platform.
- SDE+ production subsidies.
- Possibility to benefit from a maximum of 15 Million Euro innovation investment subsidy.
For the official information and tender regulations please go to the RVO website.
On this website, you can also raise questions about the tender.
Furthermore, I would like to inform you on:
- Businesses prepared to construct offshore wind farm without a subsidy
- Competition; Energy landscape of the future
Businesses prepared to construct offshore wind farm without a subsidy
Businesses are prepared to start constructing and operating the Hollandse Kust (zuid) Wind Farm Sites I and II without any contribution from the government. This situation means that an offshore wind farm will be built without any subsidy. Market players had until today to submit their applications for a permit to the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Policy. The applications submitted will be assessed over the next few months and the party with the best proposal will be declared the winner. As from 2022, the Dutch wind farm in the North Sea will have to start supplying one million households with sustainably produced electricity.
Competition; Energy landscape of the future
In 2017 The Netherlands did only provide six percent of the energy demand with other than fossil energy sources. We do want sustainable energy but without impact on our landscape and our environment. How can we use the space around us more intelligently so that we generate clean energy and make our landscape more beautiful at the same time? In order to find answers to this question, the Coöperatie NederLandBovenWater organizes a competition; Energy landscape of the Future. The organization is looking for innovative sustainable energy ideas that improve landscape-spatial qualities and create support among residents and entrepreneurs.
In January 2018 NederLandBovenWater organizes three information meetings:
- Thursday 18 January in Breda: rural area
- Tuesday, January 23 in Middelburg: watery area
- Thursday 25 January in Zwolle: urban area
Closing registration of the competition: 30 March 2018 at 12:00 CET
Deadline entries first round: April 2, 2018, at 12:00 CET
Find out more (only available in Dutch)
- Energy Outlook Conferentie: 9 February 2018, Amersfoort, The Netherlands. Find out more (only available in Dutch)
- Floating Offshore Wind Turbines 2018 conference: 25 - 26 April 2018, Marseille, France. Find out more
- Internationale Matchmaking: 25 - 26 April 2018, Marseille, France. Find out more
Take a look at more wind energy events here.
Do you want to receive the TKI Wind op Zee Newsletter? Please subscribe via the button below.