Also this year the Topsector Energy, made funds available to SME entrepreneurs, that contribute to the transition to an affordable, reliable and sustainable energy system, to assist them in hiring an Innovation Broker. The fee of the Innovation Broker can be reimbursed completely, to a maximum of 10,000 euros.
Please note: the budget of the 'new scheme' with 100% reimbursement is exhausted.
(Starting) SME entrepreneurs are often leaders in innovation. However, they regularly face many challenges, especially if they are less familiar with the market, have no active entrepreneurial experience or because they have limited financial resources. As an SME entrepreneur, an 'innovation broker' can offer you:
- guidance and coaching in developing a business plan, business strategy and value proposition,
- patent advise, assistance with patent applications or knowledge exploitation,
- guidance in becoming 'investor ready', looking for financing and deal closing,
- to help to find and set up consortia and project formation with other companies and/or knowledge institutions.
Are you a start-up or an SME entrepreneur, and do you need support from an innovation broker? Please ask Topsector Energie for a financial contribution for this support. You are eligible for a financial contribution if:
- you are a start-up or SME entrepreneur.
- your product or service is innovative and contributes to a rapid transition to a sustainable, reliable and affordable energy system.
- you have not previously received a subsidy from the SME innovation promotion Region and Top Sectors, such as the MIT knowledge vouchers, MIT-R&D cooperation projects, MIT cooperation projects, MIT Feasibility studies and MIT network activities in this calendar year.
- the innovation must be an innovation for the market on which the themes of the TKI Wind op Zee, TKI Urban Energy, TKI Nieuws Gas of TKI Energie & Industrie focus. It may well be an existing technology that is already used in another market. In addition to new technology, the innovation can also be a new business model that you want to introduce in this market. The innovation may not have already been marketed by you as a market-ready product and/or service. No financial compensation is given for activities already performed.
- you meet the conditions in the form “Toelichting aanvraagformulier innovatiemakelaars” (Explanation application form innovation brokers).
If you meet these conditions, you can make use of this subsidy scheme, that runs from 1 June 2020 to 15 May 2021, the costs of supporting an innovation broker can be financed up to 50%. You have to finance the other 50% yourself as an SME. The scheme will run until the end of 2020, as long as a subsidy budget is still available. The compensation can amount up to a maximum of € 10,000 subsidy (including VAT) per company. Applications can be submitted no later than 1 December 2020 and must be completed before 31 December 2020.
The total budget for the subsidy scheme is € 100,000 and allocation will take place via the principle "first-come, first-served". Upon completion of the activities of the innovation broker, the SME can invoice the 50% subsidy fee for the broker's activities at the Topsector Energy. The SME has to provide a short report of the activities carried out, the invoice of the innovation brokers and a proof (bank statement) of the payment of the innovation broker by the SME entrepreneur.
It is excluded from the scheme to Hire an innovation broker for the specific purpose of having a subsidy application drawn up (written). Out of pocket costs are also excluded, such as costs for filing patents.
- Companies that are already active on themes (program lines) of the TKI Wind op Zee and who want to expand their activities with a new technological or business innovation.
- Niche companies/specialists who are active on themes (program lines) of TKI Wind op Zee and who are looking for partnerships / consortia (e.g.: suppliers).
- Companies that are operating in other sectors and that want to expand their services to the themes (program lines) of TKI Wind op Zee.
Topsector Energie has compiled an overview of potential innovation brokers for you. This list is meant for inspiration. You are not obliged to make use of these innovation brokers, but you may also propose your own broker.
Business coaching, value proposition development, business strategy, business plan
Intellectual Property, patent advice, knowledge protection, knowledge exploitation
Financing, investor readiness, deal closing
Formation of consortium, project development
The administrative application goes through the Topsector Energie. Do you have any questions about the scheme? Please contact Martin Weissmann of the Financing Desk
The involved TKI (TKI Wind op Zee, TKI Urban Energy, TKI Nieuw Gas or TKI Energie & Industrie) provides an initial estimate of whether you are eligible for this scheme. You can download the application form here (in Dutch) and send it to Martin Weissmann. To clarify the form, you will find an explanation of the application form here (in Dutch), which also contains all the detailed preconditions that apply to the application.