including demonstration test in Delta Flume!
During this free event Deltares shares their research and latest insights in Offshore Wind with you. And you will have a unique opportunity to witness large wave impacts on a monopile and observe the performance of scour protection in the world’s largest wave flume: the Delta Flume. The tests are part of the Joint-Industry-Project Handbook Scour Protection Methods (JIP HaSPro). This research ultimately leads to cheaper, safer, more efficient and perhaps more eco-friendly designs of scour protections for offshore wind foundations and cable crossings.
16:00 – 17:30 Overview of Deltares in Offshore Wind
- Research and consultancy portfolio
- A selection of currently on-going Projects, such as:
- JIP HaSPro (Handbook Scour Protection Methods)
- JIP SiMON (Simulation of Installation of MONopiles)
- Wave loads on offshore foundations
- MeteoDashboard (JIP Maintenance II
- New initiative:
- IP Beaching - Speeding up the realisation of cable landfalls
- Introduction to demonstration tests and safety instructions
17:30 – 19:00 Tour along Deltares experimental facilities including the Delta Flume
19:00 – 21:00 Dinner buffet and networking opportunities
Wednesday 22 November 2017
Delft, The Netherlands
For directions, please click here
Please register soon, because the number of places is limited. You can register via the Deltares website. Deltares Open Offshore Wind Event is a free event. Once registered we are counting on your presence! In case you are not able to attend while registered, please send a timely cancellation in view of the limited number of places.